Two men are facing drug and firearms charges after they were arrested in Springfield Tuesday night.
According to Springfield Police Spokesperson Ryan Walsh, police were called to the 100 block of Maple Street Tuesday night for a report of drug activity in a parking lot.
Walsh said officers found 22-year-old Wilfredo Carrion Jr and 24-year-old Orlando Cotto Jr, both of Springfield, in a car smoking marijuana.
Officers also allegedly saw a firearm in the car, which was later found to have an extended magazine capable of holding 33 rounds.
Police also allegedly found 26 bags of cocaine in the car.
Carrion and Cotto are both facing the following charges:
- Carrying a loaded firearm without a license
- Improper storage of a large capacity firearm
- Carrying a firearm on a public way
- Possession of a high capacity magazine
- Possession of a large capacity firearm in a felony
- Possession with intent to distribute a class B drug
- Possession with intent to distribute a class D drug
- carrying a firearm while under the influence of drugs
Cotto also faces an additional charge of a default warrant.