Springfield police arrested six men Thursday afternoon and evening on charges of soliciting a prostitute, following an “anti-John” detail in the city.
According to Springfield Police Spokesperson Ryan Walsh, the men arrested are:
- Sammang Kranh, 33, of Springfield
- Luis Heredia, 45, of Hope Mills, N.C.
- Marquis Ketter, 39, of Springfield
- Victor Ramos, 31, of Springfield
- Claude Humphrey, 35, of Northampton
- Angel Aponte-Rivera, 28, of Springfield
All of the arrests were made in the South End and lower Forest Park areas, including areas along Main Street, Union Street, and nearby side streets. Walsh says that Ramos was arrested after being removed from a PVTA bus in the area of Fort Pleasant and Belmont Avenues.
Aponte-Rivera faces additional charges, after Walsh says the suspect dropped a pill bottle on the ground that contained 13 rocks of crack cocaine. He is charged with possession of a Class B substance with intent to distribute.