HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) – At least 10 shots were fired during a shootout in downtown Holyoke Wednesday morning, and one person is now in the hospital.
Holyoke Police Lt. Jim Albert told 22News they received a report of shots fired at Appleton and Elm Streets shortly before 9:30 A.M. A short time after police got to the site of the shooting, a victim had come into Holyoke Medical Center, suffering from a gunshot wound to the leg.
Albert said more than one weapon was used, and police believe two people had been shooting at each other. He said that detectives had recovered a lot of ballistic evidence, and 10 or more shots had been fired in all.
The victim who arrived at the hospital is expected to recover.
No arrests have been made in the case.
Albert noted that this particular block has seen a lot of criminal activity recently, and police are working to make the area safer.
22News will bring you the latest information as soon as we receive it.
- All 62 residents of Kansas nursing home test positive for coronavirus
- Pres. Trump, Joe Biden in dead heat in Georgia, NewsNation/Emerson poll shows
- Large earthquake off Alaska prompts tsunami fears, fleeing
- Fireplaces can be lovely, but they can also be a source of deadly fires
- 22News Notebook for October 20th