GREENFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A man and a woman are facing charges after thousands of bags of heroin and thousands of dollars in cash were seized in Franklin County.
Northwestern District Attorney spokesperson Mary Carey told 22News 28-year-old Steven Hall Jr., and 20-year-old Lauren Donovan, both of Greenfield, were arrested Tuesday morning by the Northwestern District Anti-Crime Task Force and Greenfield police.
Carey said they’re being charged in connection with the discovery of more than 13,000 bags of suspected heroin, more than $80,000 in cash, and a loaded 45-caliber large capacity handgun.
Both Hall Jr. and Donovan are facing the following charges:
- Trafficking heroin 100 grams less than 200 grams
- Possession of large capacity firearm while engaged in a felony
- Possession of a firearm without an FID card
- Possession of ammunition without a permit
- Improper storage or a large capacity firearm
- Two counts of wanton/reckless behavior creating risk for serious bodily injury to a child
The pair is scheduled to be arraigned in Greenfield District Court Tuesday.
22News will bring you new information as it becomes available.