SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Springfield Police recovered a high capacity ghost gun after executing a search warrant at a home on Cloverdale Street in Springfield Saturday night.
According to a statement issued by Springfield Police Department Spokesperson Ryan Walsh, at around 11:10 p.m. members of the Firearms Investigation Unit under the direction of Lt. Brian Beliveau arrested 18-year-old Davey Quinones after executing a warrant. Police had been investigating Quinones for several weeks.
When they searched his home, they reportedly found a loaded high-capacity ghost gun, an additional magazine, and a single shell casing.
Quinones was arrested and is charged with the following:
- Possession of a Firearm without a FID Card
- Possession of a High Capacity Magazine/Feeding Device
- Improper Storage of A Large Capacity Firearm
- Discharging a Firearm within 500 feet of a Building
- Possession of Ammunition without a FID Card