SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – The man who died after being shot on Grant Street in Springfield Monday has been identified.
Hampden County District Attorney’s Office spokesman Jim Leydon identified the victim as 23-year-old Ramon Guerra.
Guerra was taken to Baystate Medical Center after the shooting, where he died several hours later.
The Springfield Police Department’s Homicide Unit and the Hampden District Attorney’s Office’s Murder Unit are still looking into what led up to the deadly shooting.
Guerra will be the 12th homicide victim of the year.
- EXCLUSIVE: Ex-Chihuahua governor wanted for embezzlement makes first appearance in federal Court
- A kidney patient with patience, blessings come to Georgia man on transplant list
- Local restaurants hope to bounce back post-coronavirus shutdowns
- K-9 Spartan’s last call: Marshall County community, Sheriff Deputy says goodbye to his best friend
- MA gymnastics coach charged with rape of teenage student