SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – The man who died after being shot on Grant Street in Springfield Monday has been identified.
Hampden County District Attorney’s Office spokesman Jim Leydon identified the victim as 23-year-old Ramon Guerra.
Guerra was taken to Baystate Medical Center after the shooting, where he died several hours later.
The Springfield Police Department’s Homicide Unit and the Hampden District Attorney’s Office’s Murder Unit are still looking into what led up to the deadly shooting.
Guerra will be the 12th homicide victim of the year.
- South Hadley police warning residents after several break-ins
- Hundreds celebrate Vietnamese New Year in Springfield
- Chicopee man arrested for drug trafficking after police search warrant
- Local ski resorts busy after weekend snowstorm
- Hoophall Classic brings top-ranked high school players to Springfield