SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – 22News was in Springfield District Court Thursday for the arraignment of kidnapping suspect Miguel Rodriguez.
Rodriguez pleaded not guilty on all charges in connection with the abduction of 11-year-old Charlotte Moccia, of Springfield. Charlotte was seen being forced into Rodriguez’s car Wednesday afternoon, which caused police to issue an AMBER Alert.
Six hours later, Charlotte was found safe after state police pulled over Rodriguez on the Mass Pike.
The full arraignment of Rodriguez can be watched here: Springfield abduction suspect held without the right to bail
The Hampden District Attorney, Anthony Gulluni spoke with reporters after the arraignment. Watch the full interview in the 22News video above.
- Police searching for Springfield man accused of double homicide in CT
- Boston Mayor Martin Walsh to receive Holyoke St. Patrick’s Committee Ambassador Award
- Katherine Johnson, one of NASA Langley’s ‘Hidden Figures,’ dies at 101
- It’s sweet and savory, but would you eat it? KFC’s Chicken & Donut Sandwich
- Springfield City Council pass moratorium on the use of facial recognition technology