CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – The Massachusetts State Police in Springfield seized a large quantity of heroin after a traffic stop in Chicopee.
According to the State Police Association of Massachusetts, at around 7 p.m. on May 29, members of the Massachusetts State Police in Springfield performed a traffic stop around I-291 eastbound at the Exit 5 ramp in Chicopee. They stopped the vehicle after they saw the gray Honda Accord cross over the white lane markings before correcting back onto the roadway.
The driver of the vehicle provided a fake name to the trooper because he had two active warrants. The driver, identified as 32-year-old John Davis of Pelham, was placed under arrest, and after a search of the vehicle, a large number of wax folds containing a substance that is consistent with heroin were found.
Davis is charged with the following:
- Unlicensed Operation of a Vehicle
- Possession of a Class A Drug with Intent to Distribute
- Motor Vehicle Operator Refuse to Identify Self
- Fugitive from Justice on Court Warrant
- Possession of an Open Container of Alcohol in Vehicle
- Marked Lanes Violation