HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) – A Holyoke man is facing drug and gun charges after police searched an apartment on Main Street Friday morning.
Holyoke Police Lt. Jim Albert told 22News 35-year-old Alex Vicens was arrested after multiple law enforcement agencies executed a search warrant at a fourth-floor apartment at 859 Main Street. The search came as a result of police investigating the distribution of cocaine at that address.
Lt. Albert said detectives seized several items during the search including:
- A loaded gun
- 15 rounds of .44 caliber ammunition
- 10 grams of cocaine
- Several thousands of dollars
- A sentry safe
- Various packaging materials
- An electronic scale
- A New York State ID card for Alex Vicens
Vicens is facing the following charges:
- Possession of cocaine
- Possession with intent to distribute cocaine
- Possession of a firearm without a license to carry
- Possession of ammunition without an FID Card
- Possession or carrying a loaded weapon
- Possession of a firearm while in the commission of a Felony
- Improper storage of a firearm
He is being held on $50,000 bail and is scheduled to be arraigned in Holyoke District Court on Monday.
State Police along with FBI and ATF agents assisted Holyoke Police with the search.