HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) – Massachusetts State Police arrested a man after allegedly recovering drugs during a traffic stop on Monday night.
According to State Police, 33-year-old Eugenio G. Rivera-Narvaez was arrested after a trooper conducted a traffic stop on Beech Street after seeing a car traveling without any lights on.
Police said officers recovered 7,450 baggies of heroin, 179.2 grams of crack cocaine, and over $3,700. Eugenio was also driving with a suspended driver’s license.
Rivera-Narvaez was held on $100,000 bail and taken to the Hampshire County House of Correction where he is scheduled to be arraigned on Tuesday morning in Holyoke District Court. He has been charged with the following:
- Lights violation
- Operating after license suspension
- Trafficking in heroin, morphine, fentanyl (Class A Substance)
- Trafficking in cocaine, crack cocaine (Class B Substance)
- Coronavirus in Massachusetts: 9,100 deaths, 125,479 COVID-19 cases total
- Randall Acres’ gives back to community members in need with food donation program
- Springfield’s 2020 Puerto Rican Parade continues virtually
- Ribbon cutting ceremony held to recognize new bike traveling lane through Easthampton
- Woody Pitkat wins Twisted Tea Open Modified 80 at Stafford