HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) – A man from Holyoke was arrested after a traffic stop Wednesday.
According to a news release sent to 22News from Holyoke Police Captain Moriarty, at around 6:15 p.m. detectives conducted a traffic stop after seeing a Mercedes on Linden Street fail to stop for a stop sign and nearly hit the unmarked police vehicle. When detectives approached the driver, 22-year-old Teondre Koby Thomas, he drove away and almost hit two vehicles in traffic.
Thomas lost control of his vehicle and stopped on the lawn of 4 Anderson Ave. The airbags deployed and both driver side tires were blown. Thomas then got out of the vehicle and ran. Officers were able to create a perimeter to capture him.
A search of the vehicle revealed a Glock 43 firearm reported stolen out of Louisiana.
Teondre Koby Thomas is charged with the following:
- Fail to stop for a stop sign
- Unlicensed operation of a Motor Vehicle
- Leaving the scene of property damage
- Carrying a firearm without a license
- Possession of ammunition with a FID
- Improper storage of a firearm
- Possession of large capacity firearm
- Destruction of property
- Resist Arrest
- Disorderly conduct
- Receiving stolen property