A Springfield man is facing several traffic and firearms-related charges after a motorcycle crash in Chicopee Saturday.
Chicopee police officer Mike Wilk told 22News an officer allegedly saw a motorcycle speeding down Grove Street at 1:45 a.m. before it crashed.
Wilk said when officers were questioning the driver, 40-year-old Matthew Crane, he became combative, tried to run, and resisted arrest.
A firefighter then allegedly saw Crane drop a firearm after he tried to run for a second time. Once he was taken into custody, he was taken to the hospital for minor injuries.
Crane is facing following charges:
- WMS warrant
- Carrying a firearm without a license
- Possession of ammunition without an FID card
- Assault and battery on a police officer
- Resisting arrest
- A second offense of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license
- Reckless operation of a motor vehicle