PITTSFIELD, Mass. (AP) – A Massachusetts man who was driving a stolen pickup truck when he was involved in a crash that took the life of a motorcyclist has been sentenced to up to three years in prison.
Brian Dillard was sentenced Monday in Berkshire Superior Court after pleading guilty to charges including negligent motor vehicle homicide in the August 2018 death of 49-year-old Alan Keefe. Prosecutors say the 33-year-old Dillard, driving a truck he had taken from his employer without permission, veered into oncoming traffic and collided with a motorcycle operated by Keefe.
Authorities say Dillard fled the scene and abandoned the truck.
- Northampton responds to uptick in COVID-19 cases across state
- Springfield offering free COVID-19 vaccinations Saturday
- Amanda Pham named new executive director of Springfield Redevelopment Authority
- Local hiking trails getting an upgrade with state grant money
- VFW Post in Florence celebrating 75 years