SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – The Hampden County District Attorney’s Office has identified the man shot and killed on Marlborough Street in Springfield Sunday afternoon.
DA spokesman Jim Leydon identified the victim as 18-year-old Dhimani Rivera-Therrien, of Chicopee.
Springfield Police spokesperson Ryan Walsh told 22News officers were called to Marlborough Street around 2:30 p.m. Sunday after a ShotSpotter activation in that area. When our 22News crew got there, we could see a car with its driver side window shattered and a bullet hole between the front and rear door.
Rivera-Therrien was rushed to Baystate Medical Center after being found in his car with gunshot wounds.
The Springfield Police Department Homicide Unit and the Hampden District Attorney’s Office’s Murder Unit are looking into what led up to the deadly shooting.
- State: Resident, staff members of Holyoke Soldiers’ Home have COVID-19
- Amherst, businesses provide 100 meals to families affected by COVID-19
- Northampton’s new policing review commission holds first virtual public hearing
- West Springfield Boys & Girls Club team up with restaurant to give families free meals
- 22News Notebook for December 2nd