SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A Springfield man is facing several firearms charges for his involvement in a shooting on Spring Street Tuesday that left one victim seriously injured.
According to Springfield Police spokesman Ryan Walsh, an officer heard gunshots in the area of Spring and Pearl Streets and located a man who was shot on Spring Street around 12:20 p.m.
Detectives identified the suspect as 36-year-old Edgar Gomez-Diaz and arrested him around 4:20 p.m. near the intersection of Pearl and Bridge Streets. He is facing the following charges:
- Firearm-armed assault to murder
- Carrying a firearm without a license
- Carrying a loaded firearm without a license
- Discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building
- Malicious destruction of property less than $1,200
The victim was taken to Baystate Medical Center with serious injuries.