SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A Springfield man has been arrested following an investigation at a home on Daniel Street in Indian Orchard Wednesday morning.
According to Springfield Police Spokesperson Ryan Walsh, 35-year-old Israel Aponte was arrested after detectives discovered drugs, ammunition and cash inside his home around 10:20 a.m. Wednesday morning. The Springfield Police Narcotics Bureau and the DEA seized a firearm, 940 bags heroin, more than 30 grams of cocaine more than 140 packets of Suboxone, 49 rounds of ammunition and $1805.
The Springfield Narcotics Bureau and the DEA have been investigating Aponte’s home on Daniel Street for the past few weeks for allegedly distributing heroin. Officers were granted a warrant to search the home at 10:00 a.m. Wednesday.
Aponte was charged with the following:
- Possession of a Firearm during the commission of a Felony
- Improper Storage of a Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm without a FID Card
- Possession of Ammunition without a FID Card
- Trafficking of a Class A Drug 18-36 Grams (Heroin)
- Trafficking of a Class B Drug 18-36 Grams (Cocaine)
- Possession with the Intent to Distribute a Class B Drug (Suboxone)