GRANVILLE, Mass. (WWLP) – Police are searching for a man after he allegedly fled his vehicle during a traffic stop in Granville.
According to the Granville Police Department’s Facebook Page, officers stopped a driver in the area of Main Road near the town hall Saturday.
Police said the man attempted to flee after refusing to provide his ID and registration. He crashed into an abandoned house on South Lane a short time after.
Police said after the crash, the suspect ran on foot into the woods.
Granville police were assisted by Southwick and West Springfield police and State Police K9 units but they were unable to locate him.
Granville Police Department said the man is from Enfield but they have not released his identity at this time.
The suspect is being charged with the following:
- Operating to endanger
- Operation of an unregistered motor vehicle
- Operation of a motor vehicle with a suspended license
- Assault with a dangerous weapon
- Fleeing the scene of an accident with property damage
- Multiple traffic violations
- ‘It’s not your fault’: Lifting up survivors of military sexual trauma
- Special celebration of black excellence during UMass football game
- Springfield Technical High School holds annual class reunion
- Jewish faith families to observe Yom Kippur Sunday night
- LIV Golf Chicago: Muñoz leads by 3; Torque, Fireballs tied