CLARKSBURG, VA (WOWK) – The second wrongful death civil lawsuit has been filed concerning the 12 suspicious deaths of veterans at the VA Medical Center in Clarksburg.
In most of these cases, the patients were given a fatal dose of insulin even though they were not diabetic. The U.S. Attorney’s office for the Northern District of West Virginia has convened a grand jury and is looking at a person of interest in the case, so far no one has been charged with any crime.
The claims are being brought against Ret. Senior Master Sergeant George Nelson Shaw, Sr., who has since passed away.
This is a developing story. Please check with WOWKTV.com for further developments.
- DHS: Biden administration will pause some US deportations for 100 days
- Second case of COVID variant confirmed in Massachusetts
- Fire officials reminding residents to check smoke detectors after deadly house fires
- Mass. pols express relief as Biden takes office
- Search for top campaign finance regulator resumes Friday