SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A Springfield man was arrested for allegedly riding a dirtbike illegally on Sunday.
According to the Springfield Police Department, officers saw a person riding a dirt bike in the Central Street area, where off-highway vehicles are not allowed. He was seen revving the dirt bike’s engine, riding without a helmet or the proper equipment, and the dirt bike was not registered.
At around 9 a.m. officers seized the dirt bike and arrested 18-year-old Daniel Walker at the intersection of Allen Street and Hickory Street.
Daniel Walker of Springfield is charged with the following:
- Negligent/Reckless Operation of a Snow/Recreational Vehicle
- Unregistered Snow/Recreational Vehicle
- Unlicensed Operation of a Motor Vehicle
- Snow/Recreational Vehicle – Public Way Violation
- Snow/Recreational Vehicle – Helmet Violation
- Snow/Recreational Vehicle – Equipment Violation