SPRINGFIELD, Mass (WWLP) – A man was arrested for his alleged involvement in the sale and trafficking of heroin in Springfield on Wednesday.
According to the Hampden District Attorney’s office, 26-year-old John Rivera was arrested in his home on Benton Street.
After an investigation into the sale and trafficking of heroin, members of the Hampden County Narcotics Taskforce and Springfield Narcotics searched the apartment.
Seized during search warrant:
- 257 bags of heroin
- 19 grams of suspected cocaine
- 8 ½ boxes of suboxone strips
- $995 cash
- Unloaded .25 caliber handgun with a magazine containing seven rounds
Rivera has been charged with:
- Possession of a Class A Drug with intent to distribute
- Trafficking cocaine 18-36 grams
- Possession of a firearm without a permit
- Possession of ammunition without an FID card
- Illegal possession of a Class B drug.
He was arraigned Wednesday in Springfield District Court and is being held on a $5,000 cash bail, the Commonwealth requested $25,000. His next court date is on May 23.