HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) – A Springfield man was arrested by Holyoke Police early Saturday morning after a shots fired incident.
Holyoke Police Captain Matthew Moriarty told 22News the department received several calls for gunshots in the area of 70 Walnut Street around 2:30 a.m. One of the calls to dispatch was able to direct officers to the Elm Street area, where one of two men was allegedly shooting a gun into the air.
Officers were able to locate both men, one of them identified as 44-year-old Christopher Burnham of Springfield. Burnham attempted to run way from officers but was located and arrested. Police found a firearm in his possession.
Burnham has been charged with the following:
- Carrying a loaded firearm without a license 2nd offense
- In possession of a firearm with a defaced number
- Possession of ammunition without a FID
- Possession of a large capacity firearm
- Discharge of a firearm within 500ft of a building