SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A Springfield man wanted for an armed home invasion was arrested Tuesday night.
According to Springfield Police Spokesperson Ryan Walsh, at around 6:10 p.m. the Firearms Investigation Unit saw 30-year-old Alexander Sifuentes who had an outstanding warrant and was arrestable for an armed-home invasion on August 26th, in the area of Boston Road and Temby Street. A traffic stop was conducted after Sifuentes got into a car and drove away on a suspended license.
Sifuentes was arrested near the intersection of Pendleton Avenue and Walnut Street. Detectives seized a loaded semi-automatic firearm capable of holding 14 rounds of ammunition, approximately 86 grams of marijuana, and more than $300.
Alexander Sifuentes is charged with the following:
- Carrying a Loaded Firearm without a License – 2nd Offense
- Carrying a Loaded Large Capacity Firearm on a Public Way
- Firearm Violation with 2 Prior Violent/Drug Crimes
- Possession with the Intent to Distribute a Class D Drug
- Assault with a Dangerous Weapon
- Witness Intimidation
- Home Invasion
- Malicious Destruction of Property Over $1200
- Assault and Battery with a Dangerous Weapon
- Operating a Motor Vehicle with a Suspended License
- Convicted Felon in Possession of a Firearm
- Arrest Warrant
- Fugitive from Justice Warrant – New Jersey
A total of 201 firearms have been seized by Springfield Police so far in 2022.