A Springfield man is facing firearms charges following a foot chase Monday night.
According to Springfield Police Department Spokesperson Ryan Walsh, 18-year-old Benjamin Hunter-Blake was arrested after police were called to Hayden Avenue at 9:20 p.m. for a ShotSpotter activation.
Walsh said Hunter-Blake is facing the following charges:
- Carrying a firearm without a license
- Possession of ammunition without an FID card
- Improper storage of a firearm
- Breach of peace while armed
- Possession of a firearm in commission of a felony, with a defaced serial number
Within a minute or two of arriving on Hayden Avenue, Walsh said police became involved in a foot chase with Hunter-Blake and another suspect.
Police allegedly found a magazine on Hunter-Blake and a firearm he threw under a fence.
Officers were also involved in a separate foot chase that led to the arrest of a juvenile on Mcknight Street.
Walsh said another firearm was recovered from the juvenile who was wearing an active ELMO bracelet.