A Springfield man was arrested Tuesday morning after police allegedly found thousands of dollars in cash, heroin, and a gun in his home.
According to Springfield Police Spokesperson Ryan Walsh, 50-year-old Luis Figueroa was pulled over by officers Tuesday morning because it was known he didn’t have a valid driver’s license.
Walsh said after Figueroa was arrested, officers executed a search warrant on his Ladd Street home where they allegedly found more than $6,100 in cash, 310 bags of heroin, a loaded firearm, and ammunition.
The firearm had been reported stolen out of Barnstable.
Figueroa is facing the following charges:
- Possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony
- A second offense of possession to distribute a class A drug
- Possession of ammunition without an FID
- Receiving stolen property less than $1,200
- Unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle