A Springfield man is facing firearms and drug-related charges after he was arrested Saturday night.
According to Springfield Police Spokesperson Ryan Walsh, 24-year-old Andres Candelario Jr. was stopped by police after officers noticed the car he was driving had a defective headlight and was missing the front license plate.
Walsh said Candelario was arrested after officers found he was driving with a suspended license.
During a search of his car Walsh said officers found an illegal, loaded firearm under the front seat, various bags of marijuana and edibles, as well as cocaine both in the car and on Candelario.
Candelario is facing the following charges:
- carrying a loaded firearm without a license
- carrying a firearm on a public way
- possession of a firearm with a defaced serial number in commission of felony
- possession of a firearm with a defaced serial number
- possession of ammunition without an ID
- possession with the intent to distribute a class B drug
- possession with the intent to distribute a class D drug
- subsequent offense of operation a motor vehicle with a suspended license
- missing number plate
- motor lights violation
- failure to notify the RMV of an address change