SPRINGFIELD, Mass(WWLP) – A man was arrested in Springfield Tuesday night after he was allegedly found with a stolen firearm.
According to Springfield Police Departments spokesperson Ryan Walsh, 22-year-old Eric Wilson was arrested around 11 p.m. Tuesday while driving with a suspended license in an unregistered car.
Detectives quickly located the car on Sycamore Street. Wilson avoided the police until he stopped at a home on Massachusetts Ave., where he got out of the car and went to the back of the house.
Walsh said that is when the officers located a firearm with a 15-round magazine in the car. The gun was allegedly stolen during an armed robbery in Springfield in November.
Springfield police officers previously arrested Wilson on illegal firearms charges in December 2017 and May 2018.
Wilson is facing the following charges:
- Carrying a loaded firearm without a license to carry
- Improper storage of a large capacity firearm
- possession of a high capacity feeding device
- possession of ammunition without an ID
- operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license
- operating an uninsured motor vehicle
- operating an unregistered motor vehicle
- number plate violation to conceal ID
- receiving stolen property less than $1200
Members of the Springfield Police Department’s Strategic Impact Unit under the direction of Sgt. Christopher Hitas and Springfield police officers were involved with the arrest.