Springfield police are still searching for answers at 1333 Page Boulevard, one week after finding the remains of three women.
Hampden County District Attorney Anthony Gullluni told 22News police recovered the remains of 47-year-old Ernestine Ryans, 34-year-old America Lyden, and 27-year-old Kayla Escalante last week.
Ryans and Lyden were both from Springfield, but Escalante was a Ludlow resident.
People left flowers and candles across the street, as a memorial for the three victims
One neighbor told 22News she had seen Lyden on Page Boulevard in the past.
“It’s unnerving to see what happens, we are very close-knit, we watch out for each other and to see right around the corner this horror is happening,” said Lisa Zarcone. “It’s scary.”
Gulluni told 22News 40-year-old Stewart Weldon was a resident of the home and is in police custody on unrelated kidnapping and assault charges.
Springfield police arrested Weldon on May 27 after a woman found in his car told police Weldon had kidnapped and assaulted her.
Gulluni said they’re waiting on the medical examiner to complete the autopsy report before they release the causes of death for the three women and possibly bring criminal charges.
- 3 bodies found at Stewart Weldon’s Page Blvd. home identified
- Timeline: Investigation into bodies found on Page Blvd.
- Kidnapping suspect Stewart Weldon facing additional kidnapping charge
- Springfield man accused of kidnapping, 3 bodies found at his Page Blvd. home
- DCF “took emergency custody of a child” from Springfield Page Blvd. home