SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – The victim of the deadly shooting on Greenleaf Street in Springfield has been identified.
Hampden District Attorney’s Office spokesman Jim Leydon identified the victim as 28-year-old Shavon Kelly, of West Springfield.
Springfield Police Department spokesman Ryan Walsh told 22News the victim was found shot inside a car on Greenleaf Street at around 2:30 a.m. Wednesday. He was then taken to Baystate Medical Center, where he died.
Walsh said when officers got to Greenleaf Street, another vehicle sped away and eventually crashed on Fort Pleasant Ave. The driver of that vehicle was identified as 36-year-old Calvin Roberson.
Roberson has been charged with the following:
- Possession of a firearm in a felony
- Carrying a loaded firearm without a license (2 counts)
- Improper storage of a firearm (2 counts)
- Failure to stop for police
- Resisting arrest
- Assault and battery on a police officer (2 counts)
- Reckless operation of a motor vehicle
- Number plate violation
- Uninsured motor vehicle
- Unregistered motor vehicle
- Arrestee furnishing a false name
- Arrest warrant (2 counts)
- Default warrant
Springfield police and the Hampden District Attorney’s Office’s Murder Unit are continuing to look into what led up to the homicide.