SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A man from Springfield was arraigned Friday and will be held without bail on murder charges in connection with the shooting death of David Carrasquillo at the Saga Night Club in May.
According to the Springfield Police Department’s Spokesperson Ryan Walsh, 35-year-old Brandon Murray was brought back to Massachusetts Thursday from Rykers Island Correctional Facility in New York after being arrested in the Bronx on June 23rd.
Brandon Murray has been charged with the following:
- Discharging a Firearm within 500 feet of a Building
- Carrying a Loaded Firearm without a License
- Carrying a Firearm without a License
- Possession of a Firearm without a FID Card – Subsequent Offense
- Firearm Violation with 3 Prior Violent/Drug Crimes
- Distribution of a Class B Drug
- Possession with the Intent to Distribute a Class A Drug
- Possession with the Intent to Distribute a Class B Drug
- Firearm Violation with 1 Prior Violent/Drug Crime
Murray was arraigned in Westfield District Court, the Springfield courthouse is closed Friday, July 1 through Tuesday, July 5 for deep cleaning.
On Thursday, Mayor Sarno sent 22News a copy of a letter he wrote to Police Superintendent Clapprod advising to shut down the operation next door to Saga Night Club.
“It has been brought to my attention that the Saga nightclub is being used to party in through the adjacent/attached nightclub, the Zone?! As you know this is the site where Mr. David Carasquillo was murdered. May God rest his soul. This site should not be open. Please, if this is so, move immediately to sanction and shut them down again ASAP – shame on them!” Mayor Sarno