HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) – Holyoke Police Detectives assisted by members of the Massachusetts State Police Gang Unit discovered an illegal firearm after stopping a car for a hand-written plate Monday.
According to a news release sent to 22News from Holyoke Police Captain Moriarty, 42-year-old John Collins of Chicopee was stopped on Sargeant Street by Maple Street and was arrested for allegedly operating a car without a license. After searching his vehicle during the arrest, police report that they found a .25 caliber firearm.
Collins faces the following charges:
- Operating a motor vehicle with a revoked license
- Unregistered Motor Vehicle
- Uninsured Motor Vehicle
- Carrying a firearm without a license
- Possession of ammunition without a FID
- Improper storage of a firearm