The murder trial continues Friday for an Athol man accused of killing an elderly couple during a home invasion in 2016.
Friday was the second day of the murder trial of Joshua Hart, one of two suspects in this Orange home invasion murder case. Hart is accused of murdering 95-year-old Thomas Harty and his wife, 77-year-old Joanna Fishern at their home in East River Street in Orange in October of 2016.
Prosecutors say Hart and his accomplice, Brittany Smith, broke into the couple’s home in Orange and brutally attacked them.
Kira Snyder was the prosecution’s second witness to testify in Hart’s Franklin County Superior Court trial. Snyder is a forensic scientist in the DNA unit of the State Police Crime lab.
Joshua Hart is on trial in Greenfield for a brutal double murder in Orange. You’ll hear from witnesses who testified today on @WWLP22News pic.twitter.com/TU5pLchAKx— Mike Masciadrelli (@masciadrelliTV) April 6, 2018
She answered questions about evidence that was recovered from the Orange home where a brutal and deadly home invasion took place almost a year-and-a-half ago.
If convicted of first degree murder, Hart will be sentenced to life in prison with no chance for parole.
The trial for Hart’s alleged accomplice Brittany Smith will begin, once Hart’s trial is over. Hart’s trial started on Thursday, and testimony continued Friday.
Smith will stand trial for murder after a verdict in Hart’s case.
Hart’s murder trial will resume Tuesday morning at the Greenfield Courthouse.
Related Orange Home Invasion Coverage:
- Trial has begun for one Orange double murder suspect
- Couple indicted on 2nd murder charge in Orange home invasion
- Not guilty pleas for suspects in Orange home invasion murder
- Jury indicts suspects in deadly home invasion in Orange
- Orange murder suspects allegedly committed several crimes within week
- No bail for man and woman accused of Orange murder
- Deadly home invasion suspects plead not guilty
- Orange homicide suspects arrested in Virginia
- 2nd victim in Orange home invasion died
- Deadly home invasion investigated in Orange