A Ware man accused of killing a mother and three children from West Brookfield was indicted by a grand jury Wednesday morning.
According to Worcester County DA Spokesperson Tim Connolly, the indictment of 32-year-old Mathew Locke moves the case to Worcester Superior Court.
Connolly said Lock is charged with four counts of murder in the deaths of 38-year-old Sara Bermudez, 8-year-old Madison Bermudez, 6-year-old James Bermudez, and 2-year-old Michael Bermudez.
The family was found dead in their West Brookfield home at about 3:30 p.m. on March 1.
Locke was also indicted for armed burglary and arson of a dwelling.
He was arrested and charged in September for the murders. Prior to that, in July, Locke was charged with four counts of misleading police.
Lock will be arraigned in Worcester Superior Court at a future date.
- Not guilty plea for man accused of lying to police about West Brookfield killings
- Man charged with misleading investigators in West Brookfield murders
- Evidence gone missing from West Brookfield homicide case
- West Brookfield tragedy declared a homicide
- Woman and 3 young children found dead inside West Brookfield home