SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – An overnight fire scorched the second story of a house on Crystal Avenue in Springfield.
Springfield’s Arson & Bomb Squad Commander Captain Brian Tetreault told 22News, around 2:18 a.m. crews were called to 51 Crystal Avenue to find a two and a half story house with fire coming from the second floor.
Tetreault confirmed all residents including two adults and two children were able to escape without any injuries reported.
The Springfield Arson and Bomb Squad has determined the cause of the fire to be an electrical malfunction.
Our 22News crew saw multiple fire trucks and firefighters working to put out the flames and some smoke damage on the house next door.