SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Criminal Justice Attorney William Bennett held a news conference regarding the Soldiers’ Home in Holyoke on Tuesday afternoon.
Attorney Bennett, made a statement and answered questions in the parking lot across from the Student Prince/ Fort Restaurant on Fort Street in Springfield at 3 p.m.
As of Friday, 90 veteran residents have died at the Soldiers’ Home, 74 of whom tested positive for COVID-19. The following are Friday’s numbers:
- 77 veteran residents have tested positive
- 57 veteran residents have tested negative
- 0 veteran residents have pending tests
- Resident locations:
- 104 residents are onsite
- 30 residents are offsite
- 29 residents are at a dedicated skilled nursing unit at Holyoke Medical Center
- 1 resident is receiving acute care offsite
- 90 veteran resident deaths (74 positive, 14 negative, 1 unknown)
- Friday’s update includes the death of 1 veteran resident who had tested negative and was receiving care at the Holyoke Medical Center
- 84 employees have tested positive
22News I-Team Reporter Don Shipman is covering the news conference and will bring you the latest information as soon as it becomes available.