HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) – The blood supply nationwide is critically low, including here in western Massachusetts due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Baystate Health relocated blood donation operations to their Baystate Health Education Center at 361 Whitney Avenue in Holyoke.
“All the blood that we collect stays right here in our hospital systems, so we are hoping that we can ask in our community members to step up and come to donate blood and save a life for someone in their community,” said Amy Khalil, a blood donor recruiter at Baystate Health.
All eligible donors will receive a gift card to Big Y or Dunkin’.
The following dates and times are available for donations:
- Sunday: 8am – 12pm
- Monday: 8am – 4pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 12pm – 8pm
- Friday: 8am – 4pm
Extra precautions are being taken during the coronavirus pandemic for the safety and health of blood donors, including:
- The location has the donor chairs spread 6 ft. or more apart
- Equipment and chairs are cleaned between each donor
- Staff wear masks at all times; we can provide them to donors if they do not have their own
- Everyone has their temperature taken before filling out the questionnaire
Please contact the Baystate Health Blood Donor Center at (413)-794-4600 with questions or to make an appointment.
For more information, visit baystatehealth.org/covid19.