CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – The City of Chicopee is now requiring everyone to mask-up while visiting municipal buildings.
The new mandate was announced late Wednesday morning and will go into effect on Thursday.
At this time, Chicopee is not mandating mask wearing in private indoor spaces, such as stores and restaurants. However, the CDC does recommend everyone wear a mask regardless of vaccination status in areas with high and substantial rates of transmission and that includes all of Massachusetts.
The City of Chicopee sent out a release that says that the following people are exempt from face covering requirements:
- Children under 5 years old
- Persons for whom a face mask or covering creates a health risk or is not safe because of any of the following conditions or circumstances
- A face mask or covering affects the person’s ability to breathe safely
- The person has a mental health or other medical diagnosis that advises against wearing a mask or covering
- The person has a disability that prevents them from wearing a face mask or covering
- The person depends on supplemental oxygen to breathe