BOSTON (WWLP) – State public health officials reported 36 newly confirmed deaths and 1,679 new confirmed COVID-19 cases in Massachusetts.
Total COVID-19 Cases by Age Group:
- 0-19 years: 6,468
- 20-29 years: 5,433
- 30-39 years: 4,374
- 40-49 years: 3,675
- 50-59 years: 4,030
- 60-69 years: 2,809
- 70-79 years: 1,517
- 80+ years: 954
According to the Department of Public Health, 106,656 new tests were performed with an overall of 15,347,522 molecular tests administered. Of those, 4,803,565 tests were first time tests and 10,543,957 were repeat tests.
Antigen Tests: A total of 2,703 new individuals have tested positive with 533,272 total tests reported.
The current turn around time for a molecular test is 1.76 days. The 7-day average of percent positivity is 2.10%.
990 patients are currently hospitalized with COVID-19 with 258 patients that are in intensive care units and 163 patients intubated. The average age of patients currently hospitalized is 70-years-old.
As of Friday, 85.5% of medical/surgical beds are occupied and 76% of ICU beds are occupied. There are currently 8 beds occupied through alternate medical sites.
In western Massachusetts, there are a total of 1,191 medical/surgical beds with 987 that are occupied. The ICU units have a total of 153 beds and 88 of them are occupied.
Confirmed COVID-19 Cases:
- New Cases: 1,679
- Total Cases: 536,506
- Estimated Active Cases: 37,210
- New Deaths: 36
- Total Deaths: 15,409
Probable COVID-19 Cases
- New Cases: 193
- Total Cases: 29,288
- New Deaths: 4
- Total Deaths: 317
- New Confirmed Cases: 193
- Total Confirmed Cases: 40,458
- New Deaths: 6
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 1,298
- New Confirmed Cases: 64
- Total Confirmed Cases: 7,003
- New Deaths: 1
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 254
- New Confirmed Cases: 9
- Total Confirmed Cases: 1,936
- New Deaths: 0
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 99
- New Confirmed Cases: 15
- Total Confirmed Cases: 4,784
- New Deaths: 2
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 248
There are 647 new cases in the last week with a total of 11,442 confirmed COVID-19 cases in higher education institutions. In the last week there were 251,219 new tests reported with a total of 4,545,474 tests performed.
COVID-19 Cases in Long-Term Care Facilities:
- Residents/Healthcare workers with probable or confirmed COVID-19: 34,539
- Facilities reporting at least one probable or confirmed case of COVID-19: 424
- Probable or confirmed COVID-19 deaths: 8,446