BOSTON (WWLP) – State public health officials reported 41 newly confirmed deaths and 1,516 new confirmed COVID-19 cases in Massachusetts.
Total COVID-19 Cases by Age Group:
- 0-19 years: 5,175
- 20-29 years: 4,488
- 30-39 years: 3,396
- 40-49 years: 2,744
- 50-59 years: 3,011
- 60-69 years: 2,119
- 70-79 years: 1,111
- 80+ years: 684
According to the Department of Public Health, 108,261 new tests were performed with an overall of 16,105,520 molecular tests administered. Of those, 4,888,940 tests were first time tests and 11,216,580 were repeat tests.
Antigen Tests: A total of 3,025 new individuals have tested positive with 557,826 total tests reported.
The current turn around time for a molecular test is 1.36 days. The 7-day average of percent positivity is 1.85%.
785 patients are currently hospitalized with COVID-19 with 204 patients that are in intensive care units and 139 patients intubated. The average age of patients currently hospitalized is 69-years-old.
As of Saturday, 85.6% of medical/surgical beds are occupied and 75% of ICU beds are occupied. There are currently 12 beds occupied through alternate medical sites.
In western Massachusetts, there are a total of 1,201 medical/surgical beds with 1,008 that are occupied. The ICU units have a total of 154 beds and 88 of them are occupied.
Confirmed COVID-19 Cases:
- New Cases: 1,516
- Total Cases: 548,874
- Estimated Active Cases: 30,111
- New Deaths: 41
- Total Deaths: 15,744
Probable COVID-19 Cases
- New Cases: 184
- Total Cases: 30,806
- New Deaths: 2
- Total Deaths: 323
- New Confirmed Cases: 136
- Total Confirmed Cases: 41,608
- New Deaths: 6
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 1,328
- New Confirmed Cases: 40
- Total Confirmed Cases: 7,339
- New Deaths: 1
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 261
- New Confirmed Cases: 3
- Total Confirmed Cases: 1,972
- New Deaths: 0
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 101
- New Confirmed Cases: 9
- Total Confirmed Cases: 4,859
- New Deaths: 1
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 258
There are 739 new cases in the last week with a total of 12,181 confirmed COVID-19 cases in higher education institutions. In the last week there were 264,309 new tests reported with a total of 4,809,783 tests performed.
COVID-19 Cases in Long-Term Care Facilities:
- Residents/Healthcare workers with probable or confirmed COVID-19: 34,686
- Facilities reporting at least one probable or confirmed case of COVID-19: 424
- Probable or confirmed COVID-19 deaths: 8,569