BOSTON (WWLP) – State public health officials reported 46 newly confirmed deaths and 1,734 new confirmed COVID-19 cases in Massachusetts.
Total COVID-19 Cases by Age Group:
- 0-19 years: 5,175
- 20-29 years: 4,488
- 30-39 years: 3,396
- 40-49 years: 2,744
- 50-59 years: 3,011
- 60-69 years: 2,119
- 70-79 years: 1,111
- 80+ years: 684
According to the Department of Public Health, 102,584 new tests were performed with an overall of 15,997,259 molecular tests administered. Of those, 4,878,985 tests were first time tests and 11,118,274 were repeat tests.
Antigen Tests: A total of 3,327 new individuals have tested positive with 554,801 total tests reported.
The current turn around time for a molecular test is 1.36 days. The 7-day average of percent positivity is 1.90%.
807 patients are currently hospitalized with COVID-19 with 211 patients that are in intensive care units and 137 patients intubated. The average age of patients currently hospitalized is 69-years-old.
As of Thursday, 86.6% of medical/surgical beds are occupied and 75% of ICU beds are occupied. There are currently 12 beds occupied through alternate medical sites.
In western Massachusetts, there are a total of 1,204 medical/surgical beds with 1,012 that are occupied. The ICU units have a total of 155 beds and 94 of them are occupied.
Confirmed COVID-19 Cases:
- New Cases: 1,734
- Total Cases: 547,358
- Estimated Active Cases: 30,983
- New Deaths: 46
- Total Deaths: 15,703
Probable COVID-19 Cases
- New Cases: 253
- Total Cases: 30,622
- New Deaths: 0
- Total Deaths: 321
- New Confirmed Cases: 171
- Total Confirmed Cases: 41,472
- New Deaths: 2
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 1,322
- New Confirmed Cases: 45
- Total Confirmed Cases: 7,299
- New Deaths: 2
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 260
- New Confirmed Cases: 3
- Total Confirmed Cases: 1,969
- New Deaths: 1
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 101
- New Confirmed Cases: 6
- Total Confirmed Cases: 4,850
- New Deaths: 3
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 257
There are 739 new cases in the last week with a total of 12,181 confirmed COVID-19 cases in higher education institutions. In the last week there were 264,309 new tests reported with a total of 4,809,783 tests performed.
COVID-19 Cases in Long-Term Care Facilities:
- Residents/Healthcare workers with probable or confirmed COVID-19: 34,678
- Facilities reporting at least one probable or confirmed case of COVID-19: 424
- Probable or confirmed COVID-19 deaths: 8,550