BOSTON (WWLP) – State public health officials reported 49 newly confirmed deaths and 967 new confirmed COVID-19 cases in Massachusetts.
Total COVID-19 Cases by Age Group:
- 0-19 years: 8,223
- 20-29 years: 6,772
- 30-39 years: 5,482
- 40-49 years: 4,824
- 50-59 years: 5,265
- 60-69 years: 3,640
- 70-79 years: 1,948
- 80+ years: 1,350
According to the Department of Public Health, 46,488 new tests were performed with an overall of 15,057,893 molecular tests administered. Of those, 4,774,651 tests were first time tests and 10,283,242 were repeat tests.
Antigen Tests: A total of 3,680 new individuals have tested positive with 524,006 total tests reported.
The current turn around time for a molecular test is 2.08 days. The 7-day average of percent positivity is 2.22%.
1,096 patients are currently hospitalized with COVID-19 with 275 patients that are in intensive care units and 177 patients intubated. The average age of patients currently hospitalized is 72-years-old.
As of Tuesday, 81.4% of medical/surgical beds are occupied and 77% of ICU beds are occupied. There are currently 17 beds occupied through alternate medical sites.
In western Massachusetts, there are a total of 1,177 medical/surgical beds with 922 that are occupied. The ICU units have a total of 153 beds and 97 of them are occupied.
Confirmed COVID-19 Cases:
- New Cases: 967
- Total Cases: 531,702
- Estimated Active Cases: 42,395
- New Deaths: 49
- Total Deaths: 15,257
Probable COVID-19 Cases
- New Cases: 259
- Total Cases: 28,874
- New Deaths: 1
- Total Deaths: 310
- New Confirmed Cases: 150
- Total Confirmed Cases: 40,003
- New Deaths: 4
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 1,282
- New Confirmed Cases: 22
- Total Confirmed Cases: 6,812
- New Deaths: 2
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 251
- New Confirmed Cases: 4
- Total Confirmed Cases: 1,918
- New Deaths: 0
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 99
- New Confirmed Cases: 8
- Total Confirmed Cases: 4,746
- New Deaths: 1
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 243
There are 1,042 new cases in the last week with a total of 10,795 confirmed COVID-19 cases in higher education institutions. In the last week there were 212,279 new tests reported with a total of 4,294,255 tests performed.
COVID-19 Cases in Long-Term Care Facilities:
- Residents/Healthcare workers with probable or confirmed COVID-19: 34,450
- Facilities reporting at least one probable or confirmed case of COVID-19: 423
- Probable or confirmed COVID-19 deaths: 8,392