BOSTON (WWLP) – State public health officials reported 74 newly confirmed deaths and 5,545 new confirmed COVID-19 cases in Massachusetts.
Total COVID-19 Cases by Age Group:
- 0-19 years: 14,178
- 20-29 years: 13,838
- 30-39 years: 11,983
- 40-49 years: 10,362
- 50-59 years: 11,195
- 60-69 years: 7,657
- 70-79 years: 3,871
- 80+ years: 2,910
According to the Department of Public Health, 101,413 new tests were performed with an overall of 12,046,398 molecular tests administered. Of those, 4,287,400 tests were first time tests and 7,758,998 were repeat tests.
Antigen Tests: A total of 3,939 new individuals have tested positive with 415,649 total tests reported.
The current turn around time for a molecular test is 1.96 days. The 7-day average of percent positivity is 6.67%.
2,226 patients are currently hospitalized with COVID-19 with 454 patients that are in intensive care units and 294 patients intubated. The average age of patients currently hospitalized is 73-years-old.
As of Thursday, 88.5% of medical/surgical beds are occupied and 78% of ICU beds are occupied. There are currently 51 beds occupied through alternate medical sites.
In western Massachusetts, there are a total of 1,202 medical/surgical beds with 1,022 that are occupied. The ICU units have a total of 156 beds and 91 of them are occupied.
Confirmed COVID-19 Cases:
- New Cases: 5,545
- Total Cases: 433,297
- Estimated Active Cases: 91,396
- New Deaths: 74
- Total Deaths: 13,156
Probable COVID-19 Cases
- New Cases: 410
- Total Cases: 21,105
- New Deaths: 0
- Total Deaths: 277
- New Confirmed Cases: 405
- Total Confirmed Cases: 31,798
- New Deaths: 4
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 1,118
- New Confirmed Cases: 76
- Total Confirmed Cases: 4,825
- New Deaths: 1
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 213
- New Confirmed Cases: 16
- Total Confirmed Cases: 1,526
- New Deaths: 0
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 94
- New Confirmed Cases: 74
- Total Confirmed Cases: 3,807
- New Deaths: 6
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 178
There are 533 new cases in the last week with a total of 7,429 confirmed COVID-19 cases in higher education institutions. In the last week there were 87,270 new tests reported with a total of 3,502,804 tests performed.
COVID-19 Cases in Long-Term Care Facilities:
- Residents/Healthcare workers with probable or confirmed COVID-19: 32,461
- Facilities reporting at least one probable or confirmed case of COVID-19: 418
- Probable or confirmed COVID-19 deaths: 7,694