BOSTON (WWLP) – State public health officials reported 75 newly confirmed deaths and 5,074 new confirmed COVID-19 cases in Massachusetts.
Total COVID-19 Cases by Age Group:
- 0-19 years: 14,178
- 20-29 years: 13,838
- 30-39 years: 11,983
- 40-49 years: 10,362
- 50-59 years: 11,195
- 60-69 years: 7,657
- 70-79 years: 3,871
- 80+ years: 2,910
According to the Department of Public Health, 100,968 new tests were performed with an overall of 12,147,366 molecular tests administered. Of those, 4,309,025 tests were first time tests and 7,838,341 were repeat tests.
Antigen Tests: A total of 6,221 new individuals have tested positive with 421,870 total tests reported.
The current turn around time for a molecular test is 1.96 days. The 7-day average of percent positivity is 6.45%.
2,201 patients are currently hospitalized with COVID-19 with 451 patients that are in intensive care units and 293 patients intubated. The average age of patients currently hospitalized is 73-years-old.
As of Friday, 87.5% of medical/surgical beds are occupied and 79% of ICU beds are occupied. There are currently 55 beds occupied through alternate medical sites.
In western Massachusetts, there are a total of 1,193 medical/surgical beds with 985 that are occupied. The ICU units have a total of 154 beds and 105 of them are occupied.
Confirmed COVID-19 Cases:
- New Cases: 5,074
- Total Cases: 438,371
- Estimated Active Cases: 93,597
- New Deaths: 75
- Total Deaths: 13,231
Probable COVID-19 Cases
- New Cases: 451
- Total Cases: 21,556
- New Deaths: 1
- Total Deaths: 278
- New Confirmed Cases: 413
- Total Confirmed Cases: 32,211
- New Deaths: 6
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 1,124
- New Confirmed Cases: 62
- Total Confirmed Cases: 4,887
- New Deaths: 1
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 214
- New Confirmed Cases: 24
- Total Confirmed Cases: 1,550
- New Deaths: 0
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 94
- New Confirmed Cases: 52
- Total Confirmed Cases: 3,859
- New Deaths: 2
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 180
There are 533 new cases in the last week with a total of 7,429 confirmed COVID-19 cases in higher education institutions. In the last week there were 87,270 new tests reported with a total of 3,502,804 tests performed.
COVID-19 Cases in Long-Term Care Facilities:
- Residents/Healthcare workers with probable or confirmed COVID-19: 32,568
- Facilities reporting at least one probable or confirmed case of COVID-19: 418
- Probable or confirmed COVID-19 deaths: 7,724