BOSTON (WWLP) – State public health officials reported 87 newly confirmed deaths and 2,228 new confirmed COVID-19 cases in Massachusetts.
Total COVID-19 Cases by Age Group:
- 0-19 years: 8,223
- 20-29 years: 6,772
- 30-39 years: 5,482
- 40-49 years: 4,824
- 50-59 years: 5,265
- 60-69 years: 3,640
- 70-79 years: 1,948
- 80+ years: 1,350
According to the Department of Public Health, 106,107 new tests were performed with an overall of 14,737,744 molecular tests administered. Of those, 4,734,445 tests were first time tests and 10,003,299 were repeat tests.
Antigen Tests: A total of 3,049 new individuals have tested positive with 512,923 total tests reported.
The current turn around time for a molecular test is 2.08 days. The 7-day average of percent positivity is 2.55%.
1,223 patients are currently hospitalized with COVID-19 with 300 patients that are in intensive care units and 180 patients intubated. The average age of patients currently hospitalized is 72-years-old.
As of Friday, 85.1% of medical/surgical beds are occupied and 77% of ICU beds are occupied. There are currently 22 beds occupied through alternate medical sites.
In western Massachusetts, there are a total of 1,185 medical/surgical beds with 965 that are occupied. The ICU units have a total of 153 beds and 92 of them are occupied.
Confirmed COVID-19 Cases:
- New Cases: 2,228
- Total Cases: 525,486
- Estimated Active Cases: 48,280
- New Deaths: 87
- Total Deaths: 15,051
Probable COVID-19 Cases
- New Cases: 188
- Total Cases: 28,326
- New Deaths: 2
- Total Deaths: 307
- New Confirmed Cases: 182
- Total Confirmed Cases: 39,446
- New Deaths: 7
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 1,266
- New Confirmed Cases: 55
- Total Confirmed Cases: 6,586
- New Deaths: 1
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 245
- New Confirmed Cases: 11
- Total Confirmed Cases: 1,890
- New Deaths: 0
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 99
- New Confirmed Cases: 19
- Total Confirmed Cases: 4,708
- New Deaths: 0
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 239
There are 1,042 new cases in the last week with a total of 10,795 confirmed COVID-19 cases in higher education institutions. In the last week there were 212,279 new tests reported with a total of 4,294,255 tests performed.
COVID-19 Cases in Long-Term Care Facilities:
- Residents/Healthcare workers with probable or confirmed COVID-19: 34,341
- Facilities reporting at least one probable or confirmed case of COVID-19: 422
- Probable or confirmed COVID-19 deaths: 8,327