BOSTON (WWLP) – State public health officials reported 53 new confirmed deaths and 60,986 new confirmed COVID-19 cases in Massachusetts.
Monday’s cases report is a combination of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday’s data reported over the weekend. Tuesday’s death report adds data from Saturday, Sunday and Monday’s report.
Total COVID-19 Cases by Age Group:
- 0-4 years: 8,042
- 5-9 years: 7,666
- 10-14 years: 8,662
- 15-19 years: 11,249
- 20-29 years: 33,338
- 30-39 years: 27,456
- 40-49 years: 19,323
- 50-59 years: 16,867
- 60-69 years: 9,387
- 70-79 years: 3,837
- 80+ years: 2,066
According to the Department of Public Health, 298,689 new tests were performed with an overall of 37,160,641 molecular tests administered.
Antigen Tests: A total of 48,657 new individuals have tested positive with 3,468,525 total tests reported.
The 7-day average of percent positivity is 22.39%
There are 2,923 patients are currently hospitalized with COVID-19 with 432 patients that are in intensive care units, 273 patients intubated and 1,293 patients that are reportedly fully vaccinated.
Confirmed COVID-19 Cases:
- New Cases: 60,986
- Total Cases: 1,247,123
- New Deaths: 53
- Total Deaths: 20,159
Probable COVID-19 Cases
- New Cases: 3,729
- Total Cases: 97,520
- New Deaths: 22
- Total Deaths: 484
- Massachusetts residents fully vaccinated: 5,114,885
- Booster doses administered: 2,257,601
COVID-19 Cases in Fully Vaccinated Individuals:
- 3.5% of all fully vaccinated individuals in Massachusetts have tested positive for COVID-19.
- 0.8% of fully vaccinated individuals have been hospitalized.
- 0.2% of fully vaccinated individuals have died from COVID-19.
- New Confirmed Cases: 5,724
- Total Confirmed Cases: 104,311
- New Deaths: 5
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 1,794
- New Confirmed Cases: 1,063
- Total Confirmed Cases: 18,842
- New Deaths: 1
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 358
- New Confirmed Cases: 454
- Total Confirmed Cases: 6,863
- New Deaths: 0
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 133
- New Confirmed Cases: 845
- Total Confirmed Cases: 15,858
- New Deaths: 0
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 350
There are 5,224 new cases in the last week with a total of 39,390 confirmed COVID-19 cases in higher education institutions. In the last week there were 80,303 new tests reported with a total of 12,872,732.