SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Many families rely on the meals that are provided to students during the school day, and with schools being closed in Springfield and other communities around western Massachusetts for the next two weeks, help is being offered.
Sodexo, the food service provider for the Springfield Public Schools, will set up meal centers at several city schools, which will be open between the hours of 11:00 A.M. and 1:00 P.M. while the closure is going on.
According to Azell Cavaan, spokesperson for the Springfield Public Schools, the meals will be available at the front door of the schools, to anyone 18 years of old or younger. There is no ID requirement.
The following is a list of meal center locations:
- Samuel Bowles Elementary School, 24 Bowles Park
- High School of Commerce, 415 State St.
- Hiram L. Dorman Elementary School, 20 Lydia St.
- Alfred M. Glickman Elementary School, 120 Ashland Ave.
- Indian Orchard Elementary School, 95 Milton St.
- Kensington Avenue Elementary School, 31 Kensington Ave.
- Liberty Elementary School, 962 Carew St.
- Lincoln Elementary School, 732 Chestnut St.
- Rebecca M. Johnson School, 55 Catharine St.
- Arthur T. Talmadge Elementary School, 1395 Allen St.
- Warner Elementary School, 493 Parker St.
- Washington Elementary School, 141 Washington St.