The Atlantic Coast Conference has canceled all athletics competition and practices through the rest of the 2019-20 academic year amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.
The league announced the move Tuesday. The ACC had previously suspended those activities “until further notice.”
The ACC’s statement said the cancellations came after a unanimous decision among league member schools, with Commissioner John Swofford saying league officials are “particularly disappointed for our student-athletes.”
- Coalition of Attorneys General ask Congress to increase public housing funding
- Massachusetts COVID-19 Dashboard: 18 new deaths, 1,236 new cases
- Attorney General Merrick Garland honors Oklahoma City bombing victims on 26th anniversary
- Recycle the nip project formed by Pioneer Valley Virtual Lions Club
- Chicopee Housing Authority facing discrimination lawsuit by Feds