BELLAIRE, Ohio (WTRF) “It’s a rite of passage–but this year the kids came home with more than sand in their shorts–they got COVID 19,” said Bellaire Schools Superintendent Darren Jenkins.
He said the numbers are unclear, and it was a diverse group.
“There were graduating seniors from our district and Shadyside and other places.” said Jenkins.
“There were underclassmen, and there were those who had graduated several years ago.”
So Bellaire has suspended all extracurricular activities for the time being, and has closed the buildings to everyone.
He says the schools will be deep cleaned and sanitized, and activities will only be resumed when everyone is out of quarantine.
- Fund The Future: American Cancer Society
- FBI seeks more potential victims in ‘Cheer’ star Jerry Harris child porn case
- Cindy McCain endorses Biden for president in rebuke of Trump
- President Trump talks Supreme Court nominee, election, coronavirus and football in NewsNation interview
- Fans, players rally around Patriots’ James White after father killed in crash