SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — Colin Kaepernick announced Thursday he is donating $100,000 to aid communities of color during the coronavirus pandemic.
He encouraged others to donate to the Know Your Rights Camp COVID-19 Relief Fund to assist disproportionate communities highly affected by the crisis.
The “Know Your Rights” campaign focuses on food, shelter relief, education, personal protective equipment and incarcerated populations to help slow the spread of the virus and provide the resources needed.
“Black and brown communities are being disproportionally devastated by COVID-19 because of hundreds of years of structural racism,” the former 49ers quarterback said in a video he posted to Twitter. “That’s why we’ve established the ‘Know Your Rights’ Camp COVID-19 Relief Fund to help address these issues.”
For more information, click here.
Latest News Headlines:
- President Trump to hold White House news briefing Wednesday
- Cancer survivor shares his journey and involvement with American Cancer Society
- Tapestry, Opioid Task Force host Narcan training, overdose prevention workshop
- Two Berkshire county communities receive funds through Shared Streets & Spaces Program
- Holyoke Soldiers’ Home board to consider Walsh next week