Vermont Rep. Peter Welch will be among more than a half-dozen guests at live virtual town hall to discuss the federal response to the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as what the future holds for the region’s economy, from education and child care to medicine and farming.
The one-hour town hall will be hosted by Local 44/Fox anchor Lauren Maloney and air from 7-8 p.m. on Local 44 and Local 22/ABC and WTEN/ABC in Albany, NY. Online, myChamplainValley.com. will live stream the event. Viewers can submit questions for the guests via email to news@myChamplainValley.com.
The town hall will open with a review of the latest developments in the battle against the pandemic. Welch and Maloney will then discuss issues related to the re-opening of Vermont’s economy and federal assistance for the state.
Maloney will then pose questions submitted by viewers. Along with Welch, participants will include:
- Dr. Mark Levine, Commissioner of the Vermont Department of Health;
- Tom Torti, President & CEO, Lake Champlain Chamber of Commerce;
- Claudio Fort, President & CEO, Rutland Regional Medical Center;
- Yaw Obeng, Superintendent, Burlington School District;
- Gary Derr, Vice President for Operations and Public Safety, University of Vermont