Man nearly loses arm to flesh-eating bacteria

Health

A South Carolina man found himself in a hospital bed after contracting a flesh-eating bacteria during a camping trip last month. 

 Thomas Douglas rushed to the hospital after his arm started to swell, two days after coming home from the Lake Marion trip.

 Doctors found two flesh eating bacteria eating away at his arm, blaming it on swimming in the lake with an open cut.

 So far, Douglas has gone through four surgeries, but is expected to make a full recovery. 

 Read more: http://bit.ly/2kzcrcg
 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Watch Live 7PM: Sunday Night Football

Toys for Tots

More Toys for Tots